In this role, YOU have the opportunity to farm, performing all aspects of sod production as part of our experienced team. Farming responsibilities include performing tasks of planting, fertilizing, spraying, irrigation, tillage and harvest. Future growth opportunities include assuming more responsibility in agronomic decisions, purchasing, repair/maintenance, metal fabrication and other areas based on your ability to learn and plan, and interest in job ownership. If you are a motivated individual seeking to farm, this is your opportunity to focus on the production side of a successful operation.
Additional Operation responsibilities will include assisting with daily sod harvest operations including supervising employees, directing and loading trucks, training employees to operate equipment and an occasional local sod delivery.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for agriculture, experience operating farm equipment, and a strong work history that shows experience and growth. Farm experience and a valid driver’s license (class A preferred) is required. Ideal candidates have extensive related work experience and expertise or a Bachelor of Science in Turfgrass Science. The successful candidate will meet the physical requirements of the job, have excellent people & communication skills, and pass a drug screening and background check. Position requires early hours and occasional weekends. This dynamic position is geared toward the individual who is self-motivated and thrives in a progressive environment where you can create your own opportunities. We are a progressive operation that embraces technology and efficiency. We expect all team members to carry a positive and proactive attitude every day!
- Minimum 1-2 years farming, agricultural services agronomy or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams
- High School degree a minimum- College graduates welcome
- Ability to research, analyze, and present data to management in a clear, organized manner
- Heavy Equipment/ Farm Equipment operating experience
- Valid Driver’s License & clean record. CDL a plus but not required
Application Process Details:
- Step 1: Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Step 2: If your experience, skills, education, and background best match the requirements for this opportunity, you will be contacted by B&B Hoffman Sod Farm to set up an initial phone screening of your qualifications
- Step 3: From the initial phone screening, we will invite highly qualified candidates for an on-site interview, which may include meeting with key peers and leadership.
- Step 4: All applicants who undergo the on-site interview will be notified once the hiring process has concluded.