Throughout many of life’s moments, lawns have been in the backdrop almost unnoticed, yet an essential element. Natural grass is much more than the outdoor space families and pets enjoy. Check out these fun facts about natural grass:
- Emerging research shows that walking barefoot on grass may have protective effects on human health
- Healthy natural grass produces fresh oxygen, captures carbon dioxide, and improves the air we breathe
- Natural grass reduces urban heat island effects and can be up to 70 degrees cooler than hardscapes
- Natural grass sod is the most effective ground cover for delaying runoff, reducing erosion, and protecting watersheds
- Natural grass produces fewer lower-body injuries and concussions than synthetic turf
- Beneath natural grass is a thriving ecosystem of insects, arthropods, and soil microbes that can restore disturbed soils to native conditions
- 89% of professional football players think artificial turf leads to more soreness/fatigue and will shorten their career
- In a typical urban landscape, natural grass captures 90% of atmospheric carbon dioxide, followed by 9% by trees, and 1% by shrubs
Turfgrass sod is one of nature’s finest, least expensive filters, working to improve the environment. Because turfgrass sod is fully mature the day it’s delivered, it is the fastest and easiest way to establish a lawn. Although seeding initially costs less, many costs recur due to erosion, reseeding, over-seeding, and watering. Newly seeded lawns can take a great deal of time and nurturing to establish into a mature, healthy lawn and cannot be used for months.
- Sod is easy to work with and instantly creates a soft, clean, and safe surface
- Sod can be installed anytime the ground is not frozen
- Sod uses less water to establish than seed
- Seed can take 6 months to a year to form a usable lawn
If you’re looking for a grass option to boost your lawn and the environment around you, give us a call to chat about installing natural grass sod for an instant transformation. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are committed to answering all of your questions to ensure a stress-free experience with your new Minnesota sod lawn. Whether you wish to sod a small play area for the family or an entire neighborhood or business, B&B Hoffman Sod can help you make it happen. To learn more about B&B Hoffman Sod Farms and our family business, visit us online at bbhoffmansodev.wpengine.com or call 763-434- 6572.